PrattMWP College of Art & Design Adjunct Faculty
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute seeks a dynamic and creative individuals to fill our PrattMWP College of Art & Design Adjunct studio and academic positions.
Areas of specialization:
· Studio courses include the areas of 2D Design, Drawing, Graphic Design, Digital Media, and Animation.
· Academic areas of focus needed are English and Social Sciences.
Education and Experience:
Individual interested in being considered for part-time, adjunct teaching positions should have the following required qualifications:
● Master's Degree or equivalent required
● Practicing artist or designer as appropriate to field (studio classes)
● Previous teaching experience required
● Evidence of the ability to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds
Preferred Qualifications: Terminal Degree - MFA
Required application materials:
● Teaching Philosophy
● 20 images of person work
● 20 images of student work
● 3 names and contact information of references
Special Instructions to Applicants:
● Applications will only be accepted through our online application form (via Subbmitable.com) and may be uploaded to
● References only needed upon request.
● Please do not email or mail application materials
● Questions? Please email email@example.com
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute (Munson-Williams) is an internationally prominent fine arts center serving diverse audiences through three program divisions - Museum of Art, School of Art and Design and Performing Arts. The Institute was founded in 1919 and provides some 600 events annually with more than 180,000 patrons enjoying the many exhibitions, performances, art classes and family-oriented activities.
The Museum of Art is renowned for its art collection and Phillip Johnson designed building. The School of Art and Design offers a large community arts education program in art and the nationally accredited college art program affiliated with Pratt Institute of Art and Design (PrattMWP). PrattMWP is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Middle States Association, and New York State Education Department. PrattMWP students spend the first two years of their bachelor of fine arts degree program at our campus in Utica, New York before they complete their studies at Pratt's main campus in Brooklyn. MWPAI’s Performing Arts offers a wide-ranging, year-round programming of artistically excellent and divers arts and cinema presentations. MWPAI is located in the heart of New York State, foothills of the Adirondack Mountains and centrally located with easy travel to Cooperstown, Albany, Syracuse and a few hours from Boston, NYC, Lake Placid and Montreal. Please visit us at www.mwpai.org.
Munson-Williams is a community-centered, anti-racist organization where we foster diversity, equity, and inclusion through action. The PrattMWP Adjunct Faculty will model the values and culture of the organization to colleagues and the public by being welcoming, inclusive, and respectful and will value collaboration across the organization.